Friday, March 30, 2012

Easy baby food recipes - 1

Dalia Porridge
Dalia porridge makes for a very healthy and easy baby food recipe. Dalia(broken wheat) is rich in fibre and provides your child with all the necessary nutrients .
I have learnt this exciting baby food recipe from the website: http://www.suvaiarusuvai.com/2011/05/dalia-porridge-recipe-for-infants.html
I am producing my own , tried and tested version of the recipe .
Method:
Pre-roast dalia and store it in an air-tight jar for frequent use. Earlier, I used to powder and blend it since my son would have difficulty digesting it .In a pan, heat around 1-2 teaspoons of ghee, add 2-3 tablespoons of dalia with few tablespoons of drinking water. Bring it to a boil and add few tablespoons of milk(I use cow/formula milk) depending upon the required consistency..Mix it well to ensure that no lumps are created. Cook it for 5 minutes. To this, put in  2 teaspoons of roasted almond powder and jaggery (boiled and sieved). Almond is loaded with dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals .It is also blessed with numerous health benefits and provides protection against several diseases. Serve it semi-warm.
dalia

Ensure to supply water to your child while feeding this baby food recipe frequently to help him digest it well.
So, doesn’t this really make a great and quick recipe?
You can substitute Dalia with semolina/ragi at times as well for a change of taste.You can some add mashed fruits too to make it more exciting!!
 My tot of 8.5 months loves it and has it often for breakfast…If you like this recipe, please write back to me..
I’d also love it if you could share such healthy recipes that would benefit a lot of moms.
dalia porridge

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I find this very helpful. My baby is of 8.5 months but I hvnt introduce cow milk to him as I think it will be for1 yr old n it will be helpful if u share the exact perfect weight at this age thanks